Road Access for Disabled Americans
United States Access Board
The U.S.Access Board
is developing compliance standards for
the Americans with Disability Act Accessibility
"Public Rights-of-Way." It is very important for every
disabled person who is impeded by any type of "traffic calming" device
to explain the problem(s) to the Access Board and to inform the Board
of the need for accessible "vehicular rights-of-way."
1331 F St., NW, Suite 1000
Washington, D.C. 20004-1111
Toll-Free ADA Information Line & More
- For technical assistance call
- 1-800-USA-ABLE (1-800-872-2253) or 1-202-272-5434
M-T,Th-F: 10am-5:30pm & Wed: 10am-2pm (Eastern time)
- TTY users call
1-800-993-2822 or 1-202-272-5449.
- Fax questions to 1-202-272-5447.
- Send requests for general information about the Board to
- Subscribe to Access Currents,
by emailing your name and mailing address to
- Email requests for technical assistance on specific requirements
of the guidelines to
- Technical assistance questions sent by fax or email
must include a telephone number and a good time to call.
- At present, the USAB does not provide direct
technical assistance responses by email.
- The USAB's computer bulletin board can be accessed at 1-202-272-5448.
| Fire & EMS
Department of Justice
| Department of Transportation
July 4, 1998 / last update: September 12, 1998 (Version 1.b)